Word of Mouth has always been one of the key success factors in the hospitality industry and online Word of Mouth (eWOM) is an even more powerful marketing tool.
We have heard from many new hosts that the first good review changed the game. The more reviews a hotel has listed, the more inclined potential guests will be to book. Research proves these observations:
- 93% of global travelers say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews (Trip Barometer)
- 70% of global consumers trust consumer opinions posted online (Nielsen Global Trust in Advertising Survey)
- 49% of travelers will not book a hotel without reviews (Statistic Brain)
Unplugged Collection’s partnership with Review Express makes it easy to automatically generate reviews.
What is Review Express?
Review Express is a free marketing tool from TripAdvisor that makes it easy to invite guests to write reviews. According to TripAdvisor research Review Express users see an average increase of 33% in the amount of TripAdvisor reviews for their property.
How does it work?
Unplugged Collection customers can automatically invite guests after departure to write a review. All you need to do is opt in for Review Express in your Tripadvisor account and enable the function in your Unplugged Collection control panel. Guests will automatically receive an Email from TripAdvisor asking them to write a review.
Managing Online Reputation
The impacts caused by online reviews are huge. This makes it important to actively monitor and manage them.
Monitor reviews regularly and appreciate all guest feedback
- 87% of survey participants agreed that an appropriate management response to a bad review improved their impression of the hotel (PhoCusWright)
- 62% agreed that seeing the hotel’s response to reviews generally influenced them positively to booking at that hotel (PhoCusWright)
Reviews help you understanding your customers needs. You can see your business through your guests eye and get a better understanding of your strength and weaknesses. Thus, feedback helps you shape your business.
Respond to comments quickly and regularly
Respond to all negative feedback or comments which call for an apology or clarification. Explain what caused the bad experience in a positive personalised way. Diplomatically correct false information. Occasionally thank guests for a positive review but do not reply to all good comments. If you want to thank every reviewer consider sending a private message.
There is a fine line between negative and offensive or irrational comments. There is no need to jump over every stick. It is ok to respond to “the Good, the Bad, but not the Ugly”. Damaging false reports or fake reviews can be reported to TripAdvisor through tools in their management center.